Caen with its rich historic heritage is only two hours away from Paris. The closest campsites in Caen are to be found north of the town at the seaside in the direction of Houlgate, Cabourg, Ouistreham and Courseulles-sur-Mer.
Camping Caen : 7 campsite(s) available from € 406 Several factors can affect a campsite's ranking. More info
A combination of relaxation and culture awaits you during your stay at a campsite in Caen, between the town center, the Norman countryside and the Channel coast.
Things to do from your campsite in Caen:
- The Abbey of Sainte-Marie-des-Dames (also: Abbaye aux Dames)
- The Abbey of Saint-Étienne (also: Abbaye aux Hommes) containing the tomb of William the Conqueror
- The War Memorial of Caen. Museum dedicated to the history of violence and intensive conflict in the 20th Century, particularly to World War II. with a permanent exhibit of the D-Day landing and the Battle of Normandy.
- The Vaugueux, historic and picturesque district of Caen with a vibrant atmosphere (traditional and typical restaurants)
- Cabourg, beautiful seaside resort with the Grand Hôtel and its casino
- Courseulles-sur-Mer, D-Day landing beach of the Canadian sector (Juno Beach)